Sunday, October 04, 2009

Egg Tarts

I was supposed to make a flaky layers egg tarts from a Chinese cookbook I bought from China last year. In the end the oil dough was too impossible to handle even though I have put it in the freezer to harden it. In the end I gave up folding the dough and rolling it out. I was really reluctant to throw the dough away as I feel that I am wasting all my ingredients used. So I used half of the 'impossible' dough and added more flour to get into a more 'friendly' dough and turned it into the regular crust egg tarts.

In the end the result is actually like a hybrid between a very flaky crust and the normal plain crust. I don't know how to put it but the crust turned out more crispy than the normal egg tarts I have made before.

Here are the egg tarts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

chow and chatter said...

oh i love egg tarts i miss them don;t see them much in the states i am from england

wenn said...

wow..that's delicious..

Little Corner of Mine said...

Glad you can recycle the crust to make this. Looks good.

Karen said...

I love egg tarts! :D

Anonymous said...

hi can i have the egg tart recipe pls?

Hugbear said...

I cannot give you the recipe from which I tried this eggtarts because it doesn't work. I used the failed dough to make into this egg tarts. I may have to try modifying the recipe to make it work before I can share the workable recipe. Please give me some time to do so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog