Friday, May 05, 2006

Thai Style Crispy Chicken with Mango Salad

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thai Style Crispy Chicken with Green Mango Salad

Ingredients
600 gm boneless chicken leg
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 egg
Potato flour/Tapioca starch for dusting chicken
Oil for deepfrying

Sauce:
2 tbsp oil
½ tsp garlic
1 small onion chopped
1 tbsp chopped lemon grass
1 tbsp lime juice
8 tbsp thai sweet chili sauce

Green mango salad:
1 large green mango, shredded
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 pc chilli padi, cut into small pieces
2 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped

Method

1. Marinate chicken with garlic, oyster sauce and ginger for at least 2 hours or overnight. Before deepfrying the chicken, add in the egg and mix well. Dust chicken with flour and leave it aside for about 15 mins then deep fry until golden brown. Chopped up chicken into serving size.

2. Heat up some oil in a pan. Saute garlic and onion till fragrant, then add in the lemon grass, lime juice and Thai sweet chilli sauce. Bring to a boil and spoon over the chopped chicken.

3. Toss the salad ingredients together and top over the chicken. Serve immediately.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi hugbear,
Just love all your recipes. This one looks really delicious. Is it kind of like chicken chop? Can't find green mango here, so I think I will use thinly sliced iceberg lettuce?

Hugbear said...

Hi, thanks for loving my recipes. May I know who and where you are from? If you use iceberg lettuce, it will be different as the green mango is really sourish in taste.

I would say that by using lettuce, you will get a different kind of taste for this dish. So it is still possible to replace mango with lettuce but I would suggest just using plain lettuce without any other sauces. HTH

Anonymous said...

Hi hugbear,
Yes, Green mango would definitely taste more authentic.
I'm a Canadian and just found these food blogs recently. It amazes me what you can do, cakes, Asian food...good job! I thought I could cook until I see these food blogs.!!Pls also see comment on your char siew. I'm still waiting to hear your reply on "kupsim".
Laksa

Anonymous said...

Hi Hugbear

I hv a qn to ask...does the green mango refer to 'unripe' mango or is it a different kind of mango? Please pardon my 'suakuness' :)

Hugbear said...

Hi, use the unriped mango because you want it really green and sour for the salad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog