My colleague gave me a can of chocolate powder meant for making hot chocolate. I wanted to try using it for baking instead. Decided to bake a chocolate chiffon cake as this is the easiest to do. However instead of using a 18cm tube pan, I used two small tube pan to bake it. Sharing with you the recipe here.
Chocolate Raisin Chiffon Cake (by Kevin Chai)
Egg yolk batter:
3 egg yolks
20g chocolate chips
50g chocolate (grated)
2 tbsp cooking oil
30g castor sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
90g self-raising flour
Egg white batter:
3 egg white
¼ tsp cream of tartar
50g castor sugar
1. Preheat oven 170˚C.
2. To make egg yolk batter, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until forms batter.
3. To make egg white foam, beat egg white and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar, beating at high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold beaten egg white into egg yolk batter until blended.
5. Pour batter into ungreased 7-inch (18cm) tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 30-40 minutes or until cooked.
6. Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until complete cooled.
7. Decorate with chocolate scrolls and dust with cocoa powder.