Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Peach Tart with Almond Cream

I have been eyeing on this recipe for a very long time but everytime I just can't seem to move my butt to do it. Finally, last night I have decided that it is about time to just do it instead of just thinking. So here you have, my Peach Tart with Almond Cream.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pastry
190 gm plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
100 gm cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
1 egg yolk
2-3 tbsp cold water

Almond cream
115 gm ground almond
2 tbsp plain flour
100 gm unsalted butter at room temperature
115 gm caster sugar
1 egg
1 yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence or 2 tsp of rum
1 canned peach

1. Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
2. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the egg yolk and just enough water to bind the pastry. Gather into a ball and wrap in greaseproof paper or cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 mins.
3. Preheat the oven at 200C.
4. On a flour surface, roll out the pastry 3 mm thick. Transfer to a 25 cm (10 inch) pie dish. Trim the edge, prick the bottom and refrigerate.
5. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg and yolk. Stir in the almond and vanilla or rum. Spread in the pastry case.
6. Cut peaches into thin slices and arrange on top of the almond cream like the spokes of a wheel; keep the slices of each peach-half together. Fan out be pressing down gently at a slight angle.
7. Bake until the pastry begins to brown, 10-15 mins. Lower the temperature to 180C and continue to bake until the almond cream sets, about 15 mins more.

26 comments:

Amy Goh said...

Lee, this look ABSOLUTELY YUMMY! Mind sharing the recipe? T.I.A

Anonymous said...

OMG this looks absolutely sensational Aunty!

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz share the recipe as my OH is crazy about peach!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WAH!!!!!! My eyes POPPED!!!! Is it difficult to make???? I don't know how (but willing to learn) to mk pastry and don't like the frozen ones sold......I wish I could get a bite!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Can you post the Peach Tart with Almond Cream and Mango Cheesecake
recipe please? THANK YOU!!!

Hugbear said...

I will post the recipe for the Peach Tart up soon. As for the mango cheesecake recipe, it was done by mixing and matching recipes. I need to have it sorted out before I can post the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Hello hugbear,

I'm a student from Singapore Polytechnic and I'm writing a feature article centred around an issue concerning food blogging and food forums for a Continual Assessment assignment. I would like to conduct an email interview with you, if you could spare me some time.

You can email me at currahee_easy@hotmail.com for more details. I look forward to your reply soon.

Thank you!

Regards,
Eunice

Anonymous said...

Lee,

The Peach Tart looks awesome!!! I love almonds .... & ... peaches. Awaiting for yr recipe.

Rdgs

Ma-li

Little Corner of Mine said...

LeeLee,
This looks absolutely delicious!!
:P~~

Anonymous said...

When I searched the web, I found your blog.I love all the recipies in your blog and can't wait to try them all.By the way,I am planning to buy a new oven.Could u tell what type of oven will be the best for baking? I am staying in Singapore too.

Hugbear said...

Hi Joe, thanks for reading my blog. If you have enough space I would think a built-in oven is nice. Brands like Delongi, Ariston etc will be good for baking, grilling purposes.

Amy Goh said...

Hi Lee,
Thanks for sharing the peach tart almond cream recipe. Like to check with you, I've tried your peach butter cake recipe before. Are this two recipes similar in taste? Thank You! :)

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful pie and deliciously looking too. :)

Hugbear said...

Hi Amy, the taste is different.

Thanks cooking ninja.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee,first timer on ur blog..looked at this recipe its totally yummy!pics r too good and recipe easy to follow..just wanted to know if there is any other fruit, as i dont get peach here, which can b replaced..tks in advanced..lovely reicpe..tks.-PDM

Hugbear said...

Hi PDM, thanks for dropping by my blog. If you cannot find canned peaches, how about apricot or canned pears? These can be used too.

Unknown said...

That looks super yummy. Thanx for sharing, Lee Lee.

Home Cooking said...

ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hugbear,
Just like to thanks you for sharing your donuts recipe....they were great :D


Regards,
BBerry

Anonymous said...

Hi Hugbear

Where have you been recently? From July 25 till now, din see you blogging? Really miss your recipes....

Take care :)

esther
fan of your blog

Hugbear said...

Hi Esther, thanks for thinking of me. I went a minor eye op and was resting after that. That explains why I did not blog as regularly as I did before. I have actually started to make mooncakes but cannot post pictures yet as my computer died on me. Now waiting for hubby to fix the comp for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hugbear

I see! That's explain y u hv been MIA. :p

Dun tell me u hv gone for a Lasik opt?

Yes, is better to rest well,esp dun look at computer so often.

Ok, i will wait patiently for u to get well and see u blogging again.

Take vy good care.

esther

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Is it possible to substitute the almond in the cream for something else? Want to make it for my family but none of them likes almond. So any alternatives? How about plain cream?

Thanks,
Jaime

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite dessert and it looks as good as those I had in buffet. I love dessert and that's why I will have it once a month. I rather give up sashimi, tempura, Italian cold cut and stuff my stomach with as many desserts as I can. LOL

Hugbear said...

Hi Jaime, try using ground hazelnut it would be nice too.

Hi Chumpman, you seems to be very passionate about food and cooking. Nice having you visit my blog. My favourite dessert is cheesecake but it is too fattening to eat as often as I like.

Amy Goh said...

Hi, Lee!

This Almond peach tart is YUM! Just finished 2 big slices.

Thank you for sharing GREAT recipes. Every recipe of yours ALWAYS turns out purrfect!

Hugbear said...

Amy, this is one of my favourite too. But cannot eat too much. Hahaha...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog