I have been eyeing on this recipe for a very long time but everytime I just can't seem to move my butt to do it. Finally, last night I have decided that it is about time to just do it instead of just thinking. So here you have, my Peach Tart with Almond Cream.
190 gm plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
100 gm cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
1 egg yolk
2-3 tbsp cold water
115 gm ground almond
2 tbsp plain flour
100 gm unsalted butter at room temperature
115 gm caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence or 2 tsp of rum
1 canned peach
1. Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
2. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the egg yolk and just enough water to bind the pastry. Gather into a ball and wrap in greaseproof paper or cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 mins.
3. Preheat the oven at 200C.
4. On a flour surface, roll out the pastry 3 mm thick. Transfer to a 25 cm (10 inch) pie dish. Trim the edge, prick the bottom and refrigerate.
5. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the egg and yolk. Stir in the almond and vanilla or rum. Spread in the pastry case.
6. Cut peaches into thin slices and arrange on top of the almond cream like the spokes of a wheel; keep the slices of each peach-half together. Fan out be pressing down gently at a slight angle.
7. Bake until the pastry begins to brown, 10-15 mins. Lower the temperature to 180C and continue to bake until the almond cream sets, about 15 mins more.