Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chicken Roll and Steamed Tofu

I used to make this chicken roll quite a lot many years back. This is the first time after many years making this dish again. Still as yummy as before. This is made with spinach, carrots and macademia nuts wrapped with marinated chicken breast. Coated with beaten egg and biscuit crumb and then panfry until chicken is cooked.

Photobucket

Recipe for Chicken Roll

2 pieces of chicken breast meat
100 ml of LKK chicken marinate
1 carrot (shredded)
Some spinach
Some chopped macademia nuts
Maggie chicken powder
Beaten egg for coating
Some creamcrackers (grinded/pounded for coating)

Methods:
1. Open up chicken breast into a big piece (usually the breast meat is quite thick). Pound the chicken breast meat to make it thinner.
2. Pour LKK chicken marinate over prepared chicken meat and marinate for at least 3 hrs.
3. In the meantime, boil shredded carrots in boiling for a few minutes. Drain and mix with 1/2 tsp of chicken powder to mix well. Set aside.
4. Blanched spinach till cooked and drain well. Chopped spinach into small pieces and also add 1/2 tsp chicken powder to mix well. Set aside.
5. On a cutter board, spread the marinated chicken breast and place some prepared carrots and spinach on it. Sprinkle some chopped macademia nuts on top and roll it tightly.
6. Coat chicken roll with beaten egg and then biscuit crumb. Panfry the chicken over low heat on all sides to make sure it is cooked thoroughly. Remove to kitchen paper towel to drain off excess oil.
7. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.

Note: To avoid chicken meat being difficult to cook, make sure the meat is thin. If it is too thick, you will need to cook longer.

This is the LKK chicken marinate that I used.
Photobucket


I also tried making some steamed tofu with stuffing. What I have in the stuffing are minced prawns, fish paste, minced pork and seasonings. Half of the steamed tofu has chilli which are for the adults and the other half are for the kids.

Photobucket

16 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy dishes! I love your chicken roll. I used to make it too but now very lazy because it required a lot of work. :P

Hugbear said...

Ching, it does requires quite a few steps to get this done. That is why I have not done it for a long time too.

SIG said...

Oh wow, thanks for the ideas. The chicken roll looks great and the tofu is my girl's favourite. Do you steam it with any seasoning? Maybe next time you do your chicken roll, you can take us step by step? ;)

Hugbear said...

Hi Sig, usually it is a bit difficult for me to take step-by-step picture unless when I am doing it, my hubby is around to take it for me. If not, it will be rather inconvenient to take the pictures and cooking it at the same time by myself.

Anonymous said...

Your food looks delicious. Can't wait to try them! We are trying to cut down our carbs intake but, have to cook for a 4 year old too. So, these dishes would be great for us!!

Thanks for the ideas!

Family First said...

Thanks for sharing such delicious home recipes. I will definately try it someday as we never had chicken rolls before.

SephXIII said...

Hi. I was wondering, doesn't the chicken unroll itself? I'd love to try this out! ^o^

Hugbear said...

Hi Sephxiii, no, the chicken did not unroll by itself when I did it. You must make sure the chicken breast you are using is big enough for you to roll. Not too small that you can only bring one end to the other. If this is the case, then definitely the unrolling will happen.

J S said...

All of them look very delicious. Do you mind sharing how to make the tofu dish? I bought tofu but really have no experience with it..This would definitely be lovely. Thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Would you mind to share with me your tofu dish? My email is springrose98@gmail.com
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I like your steamed tofu, I make it more or less the same as you but yours look definately nicer.

Anonymous said...

Oh hi, have I have the recipe for the steamed tofu please.. urgent.. thanks :)

send it to.. heartbr0kenn-@hotmail.com

Hugbear said...

Hi Apple, I don't follow any specific recipe for the steamed tofu. What I did was to mix some fish and prawn paste and seasoned it with salt, pepper, sesame oil, light soya sauce. Cut eggtofu into pieces and dig a small hole in the center. Sprinkle some corn flour in the hole and fill it up with the fish/prawn paste. Arrange on plate and steam on high until fish/prawn paste is cook. Prepare some water in a wok, add in some maggi chicken stock and thicken it with corn starch mixture. Pour over steamed tofu and sprinkle with some chopped chilli and spring onions before serving.

Anonymous said...

Ohh.. well, I want to use this dish as for my practical.. but I can't really 'argar' the quantity needed for this dish..

Hope you can help me a little.. thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

The chicken rolls looked so pretty, I thought I would try it out! But, when rolling the chicken, would it unroll itself while pan-frying?

It would be lovely if you could tell me that it wouldn't, or tips on how to make sure it wouldn't unroll itself.

Thanks!

Hugbear said...

When rolling you need to roll it really tight. But if you can't then just poke some toothpick into the roll to secure it. Afrer frying then remove the toothpick.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog