Sunday, January 18, 2009
80g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
250g plain flour
60g corn flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
300g cashew nuts
2 egg yolks (beaten for eggwash)
1. Bake 100g of cashnuts in oven at 180C for 10 minutes. Chopped up cashnuts into small pieces. Set aside the remaining 200g of cashew nuts.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar lightly at speed 1 using K beater. Add in egg yolk and vanilla essence. Mix well.
3. Stir in Ingredients B and chopped cashew nuts. Mix well. Chill dough in fridge for 40 minutes.
4. Remove dough and roll into small balls. Arrange on a lined baking tray. Brush with beaten egg yolk and place a whole (or half) cashew nuts on top of cookies and press slightly to flatten it.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes or until it is nicely brown. Cool and keep in airtight container.
(Tip from me: If you would like, you can add about 50g of grounded cashew nuts into the dough. To have a nicely yellow coloured eggwash for brushing, you can add a few drops of yellow colouring into the two beaten egg yolks.)
Posted by Hugbear at 12:46 AM