Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ariana Swiss Roll

Even since I have tasted this swiss roll at Lucy's place, I fell in love with this swiss roll. The texture is really soft and smooth. I have been wanting to try this a while ago after Lucy shared her recipe but did not find time to do it until now. Here is sharing with you my ariana swiss roll.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Recipe taken from Yochana's blog. Thanks Lucy for sharing.

Ingredients:

(A)

5 egg yolks
3 egg white
90 gm. sugar
50 gm. Hong Kong flour
30 gm. cornflour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ovalette
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
15 ml. cold water

(B) 50 gm. melted butter or Cornoil

Method:

(1) Combine all the ingredients together and whisk at high speed till batter is thick and doubles in volume.
(2) Pour in cornoil or melted butter and mix till well mixed.
(3) You can create any pattern you like at this juncture. What I did was just spoon 3 full Tbsp. of batter and add colouring then spoon into the tray row by row. You can have 3 to 4 rows to coloured batter and then the balance, pour the plain batter.
(3) Pour into a swiss roll pan - 11" x 14" or if you prefer thicker, use 10" x 14" and bake for 12 mins. at 190C.
(4) Remove from oven, leave to sponge cake to cool on wire rack.
(5) Spread jam or butter cream onto sponge cake and roll into swiss roll.
(6) Chill in the fridge till butter cream harden before slicing.
(7) Serve.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty swissroll that'd tempt me to eat (I am not a fan of swissroll normally!) May I know what flavours are there?

Anonymous said...

wow...another pretty swiss roll, Lee lee! Really admire ur baking skills!

Chelsea

Hugbear said...

Hi vb, it is just plain vanilla flavour swiss roll. The coloured ones are just coloured, no special flavour.

Thanks Chelsea, I enjoy working in my kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I was guessing that it would be mango, pandan and strawberry with vanilla!!!!! Heavenly!!!

jadepearl said...

May we have the recipe plz? Wah...too pretty to eat leh.

Anonymous said...

Yes, can we have the receipe please please?

Amy Goh said...

Hi, Lee!

Tried this recipe yesterday, it is definitely a keeper, swiss roll tunr out to be soft, moist and yummy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee,can i know wat is Hong Kong Flour? izit Waterlily Flour?
Tq.

ann

Anonymous said...

How do you make the butter cream?

Hugbear said...

I got the buttercream recipe from Yochana's blog. You can visit her blog to get her recipe.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how you can keep the row
straight without it running off. What is the technique? Do I tip the pan while filling? Do you have pictures of how you fill the pan row by row? Thanks.

Hugbear said...

I just pour the coloured batter at one end, followed immediately with the next colour, and so on. Then immediately pour the plain one.

Anonymous said...

I cannot find Hong Kong flour or Waterlily flour in Los Angeles. May I substitute it with cake flour?

Hugbear said...

No problem, if you cannot find Hongkong flour, you can use cake flour or Top flour.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog