Even since I have tasted this swiss roll at Lucy's place, I fell in love with this swiss roll. The texture is really soft and smooth. I have been wanting to try this a while ago after Lucy shared her recipe but did not find time to do it until now. Here is sharing with you my ariana swiss roll.
Recipe taken from Yochana's blog. Thanks Lucy for sharing.
5 egg yolks
3 egg white
90 gm. sugar
50 gm. Hong Kong flour
30 gm. cornflour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ovalette
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
15 ml. cold water
(B) 50 gm. melted butter or Cornoil
(1) Combine all the ingredients together and whisk at high speed till batter is thick and doubles in volume.
(2) Pour in cornoil or melted butter and mix till well mixed.
(3) You can create any pattern you like at this juncture. What I did was just spoon 3 full Tbsp. of batter and add colouring then spoon into the tray row by row. You can have 3 to 4 rows to coloured batter and then the balance, pour the plain batter.
(3) Pour into a swiss roll pan - 11" x 14" or if you prefer thicker, use 10" x 14" and bake for 12 mins. at 190C.
(4) Remove from oven, leave to sponge cake to cool on wire rack.
(5) Spread jam or butter cream onto sponge cake and roll into swiss roll.
(6) Chill in the fridge till butter cream harden before slicing.