Sunday, November 07, 2010

Almond Cupcakes



Made these almond cupcakes last week. I was too generous with the hundreds and thousands thus it looks a bit awful. But then the kids like it.

The original recipe has ground almond in it and it is quite a simple recipe. I will share the recipe when I have it typed out.

Almond Cupcakes

225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
250g butter
180g sugar
225g ground almond
4 eggs

Methods:
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Sift together plain flour and baking powder.
3. Place about 30-40 paper baking cups in a tart mould.
4. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in ground almond and mix well.
5. Add in eggs one at a time and beat well. Fold in or you can use machine to mix in the flour. Spoon mixture into the line tart mould and bake for about 20-25 mins or until brown.
6. Remove from mould and let it cool down on a cooling rack.

Note: You can sprinkle hundreds and thousands or chopped almond to top of the cupcakes before baking. Or just leave it plain.


Below you can see another batch just made tonight. This time round, I used ground baked lotus seed instead. I wanted to try out with ground lotus seed to see how the taste is like. Smells good before the baking and taste is ok. I think I still prefer the almond version. However I shall post both the original recipe and the modified receipe for those who are interested in trying both versions.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog