I baked this cheesecake for my family since they like to eat baked cheesecake. Hubby and kids liked it and it seems according to their standard, it tasted as good as Ikea's. I am one happy mommy now.
BAKED CHEESE CAKE
200 gm Digestive biscuit
90 gm Unsalted butter (melted)
1. Crashed the digestive biscuit.
2. Pour the melted butter into it and mix well.
3. Press the digestive biscuit into a 10-inch springform pan and refrigerate before use.
Cream cheese 500 gm
Caster sugar (1)175 gm
Egg yolk 4 nos
Egg white 4 nos
Juice and skin (grated) of half lemon
Caster sugar (2)87 gm
Whipping cream 250 gm
Optional 2 tsp of Nescafe
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar (1) until creamy – about 3 mins at medium speed.
2. Add in egg yolks one at a time and mix well. Then add in lemon juice and grated lemon skin.
3. If using Nescafe, dissolve Nescafe with the whipping cream (just a little warm). Pour this to mixture (2).
4. Whisk egg white and sugar (2) to a soft peak. Add to cheese mixture and mix well.
5. Pour cheese mixture onto the prepared cake pan and steam bake it at 150ºC for 2-2½ hrs. Cheese cake is cooked when top is firm. Leave to cool for 30 mins and keep in fridge for a few hours before serving.