Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cashew Nut Butter Cake







Cashew Nut Butter Cake Recipe

200g butter
150g fine or castor sugar
3 eggs
130g plain flour
20g milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g cashew nuts (toasted and chopped)

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each addition
Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and milk powder and chopped cashew nuts and mix well. Do not overmix.
Spoon batter into prepared line cake tin or in my case I have used muffin cups. Decorate top with more cashew nuts. Bake at preheated oven at 180C for 25 minutes.

Note: I have to add that I added about 2 tbsp of milk because the butter that I have used seems to be quite dry after beating. Not as soft and creamy as the usual butter that I have used.

11 comments:

wenn said...

wow, that's my favourite! Btw, I hv a new blog.

Cooking Gallery said...

Your cake looks very soft and moist :)!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Lovely, I really like the texture of this butter cake.

Bakericious said...

this looks absoutely delicious

Anonymous said...

Yummy...can we use cake flour instead.

Emily Koh

HK Choo said...

This looks good!

Hugbear said...

Hi Emily, of course you can use cake flour. I will edit my posting to indicate that I have added 2 tbsp of milk because I find the butter that I have used after beating is quite dry.

youfei said...

The texture looks superb!

Amy Goh said...

Looks yum, yum.

Anonymous said...

may i know why u use milk powder for this cake?

MoB said...

look so pretty! i love the fragrance of cashew nuts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog