This is a very common local kueh kueh you can find here in Singapore. I love the juicy coconut filling in it. Made half a recipe and I have got about 15 pieces.
360 gm plain flour
760 thin coconut milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of pandan paste
1. Mix all the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly and mix until you get a smooth batter.
2. Heat a small non-stick pan and use a brush to lightly oil the pan. Scope a ladle full of batter into the pan. Cook the pancake over low fire and flip it over to fry the other side until it is cooked.
3. Put 1 tbsp (or more if you like) of coconut filling on the pancake and roll it up.
Ingredients for Filling:
1 coconut (w/o skin) shreds
250 gm Gula Melaka (coconut sugar)
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp water
1 tbsp plain flour mix with 2 tbsp water *
1. Boil sugar, gula melaka with water until dissolve. (For me I added a little bit more water as I wanted the filling to be more juicy.) At this point, you can sieve the sugar mixture to get rid of impurities. Pour in coconut shreds and stir to mix well.
2. Add in flour mixture and stir fry over low heat until well mixed.
(* Note: I did not add the flour mixture as I find my coconut was not that wet and should be quite easy to manage when wrapping with the pancake.)