Sunday, November 18, 2007

Kueh Dadar Intih

This is a very common local kueh kueh you can find here in Singapore. I love the juicy coconut filling in it. Made half a recipe and I have got about 15 pieces.




Ingredients:

360 gm plain flour
2 eggs
760 thin coconut milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of pandan paste

1. Mix all the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly and mix until you get a smooth batter.

2. Heat a small non-stick pan and use a brush to lightly oil the pan. Scope a ladle full of batter into the pan. Cook the pancake over low fire and flip it over to fry the other side until it is cooked.

3. Put 1 tbsp (or more if you like) of coconut filling on the pancake and roll it up.

Ingredients for Filling:

1 coconut (w/o skin) shreds
250 gm Gula Melaka (coconut sugar)
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp water
1 tbsp plain flour mix with 2 tbsp water *

1. Boil sugar, gula melaka with water until dissolve. (For me I added a little bit more water as I wanted the filling to be more juicy.) At this point, you can sieve the sugar mixture to get rid of impurities. Pour in coconut shreds and stir to mix well.
2. Add in flour mixture and stir fry over low heat until well mixed.
(* Note: I did not add the flour mixture as I find my coconut was not that wet and should be quite easy to manage when wrapping with the pancake.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hello aunty lee lee...very scrumcious kueh dadar espeacially when u mention bout the juicy coconut filling. I have not cook a kueh dadar before and i bet my mom is going to like it...do u mind sharing the recipe.

thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi Hugbear,

Kindly share this recipe.

Btw may i noe where can i buy the corn syrup which u mentioned for the sugar paste?

What type/brand of colouring can i use for the sugar paste?

The sugar paste craft that u made are very lovely & the cupcakes are well-decorated.

Thanks & Regards
Madeline

Anonymous said...

Dear Lee Lee,

Thank you so much for being so generous sharing recipes on your blog. May I ask if you have a recipe to cook the filling using dessicated coconut instead of freshly grated coconut?

The reason is because I am living in Melbourne and freshly grated coconut is hard to come by. Thanks a bunch.

Hugbear said...

Hi Natasya, I do not have a recipe using dessicated coconut. But maybe what you can do is try to add a little diluted coconut milk to the dessicated coconut to soak to get it to be like fresh shredded coconut texture. I am just giving suggestions and maybe you would like to do some experiment on this and do let me know if it works.

Hugbear said...

Hi Madeline, I got the light corn syrup from NTUC. If you cannot find this, you can use any kind of very light colour honey to replace.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee Lee,

Am I supposed to use 760 ml or gm of thin coconut milk? Is there a substitution for coconut sugar? Can I replace these with coconut cream and regular sugar?

Thanks,

Mui Sim

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog