Just feel like sharing this yummy recipe here. It has been a long since I made this. Kinda miss it though.
500 gm tapioca flour
450 gm Sugar (* i reduce sugar to 400 gm)
1 tsp vanilla powder
150 gm rice flour
1 tsp salt
1 and half coconut (1st squeeze milk 500 ml)
(2nd squeeze milk 1000 ml)
A few pandan leaves
1. Put rice flour, tapioca flour, VP in a large bowl. Add in 1st squeeze coconut milk (500 ml), salt and 200 ml of 2nd squeeze coconut milk and mix well.
2. Put sugar, pandan leaves, 800 ml of 2nd squeeze coconut milk, stir well. Boil and leave it aside to cool.
3. Add flour mixture in (1) to (2).
4. Divide mixture into 3 portions to have a green, red and white portions.
5. Pour 1/3 (abt 2 big scoop) of white mixture into round or square 9 x 9 inch tray and steam for 8 mins.
6. Pour 1/3 mixture (abt 2 big scoop) of green mixture and steam for 5 mins. Followed by 2 scoop of red mixture and steam for 5 mins. Repeat until you get 9 layers.
* Note: First layer white must steam for 8 mins the rest just steam for 5 mins.
You can follow the above method but for me, I used a 9x9 square tin and use 1 cup of white mixture as 1st layer and steam for 8 mins. Then another 1 cup of white mixture again as 2nd layer and steam for 5 mins. Then it will be 1 cup of white mixture (add your own colouring as desired) and this will be the 3rd layer. Carrying on doing the coloured layers until you finish using up the mixture. I have exactly 9 layers and 7 different colours.