I had two ripen bananas at home that need to be used up by tonight. While the double chocolate muffins with yoghurt is baking in the oven, I quickly gather all the ingredients needed to make this muffins. End result is, Jonathan popped three at one go when they were cool enough to be eaten. The texture is soft and the cinnamon smell is nice.
Recipe shared by Wink also.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar (original recipe yields for 1 cup)
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup margarine or butter
6 tablespoons UHT milk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl cream margarine and sugar, add eggs
and mix until smooth. Stir in milk and mashed banana and
3. Fold in flour mixture into the liquid ingredients until combined.
4. Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds of the way full.
5. Bake in a preheated 170 degrees C oven for 25mins
Note: I made some changes to the recipe. I used both brown sugar and castor sugar for this recipe to make up 140g. I added 1 tsp of cinnamon powder instead of 1/2 tsp.