Monday, January 18, 2010

Korean BBQ and Kimchi

Recently I have added two Korean cookbooks to my collection. I tried making kimchi yesterday from one book and made Korean BBQ from the other book. I must say the result is quite satisfying.

This is the kimchi that I have made.




I marinated pork, chicken and beef for my BBQ. Of the three, I like the beef best. The marinate is really easy and very nice. I will post the recipe here to share with those who would also like to try it out. Did not take a picture of the cooked food as we are too busy eating. Hahaha ...





12 comments:

Quinn said...

Please post as soon as possible!!! Thank you, can't wait for the beef posting and to have you posting back regularly again!

Joyce said...

Hi Lee Lee,

Are you able to share the names of your cookbooks?

Thanks!

Amy Goh said...

Hi, Lee!

Your Kimchi looks fresh and yummy! Marinated meat look very korean too.

shirley said...

Hi leelee,

The kimchi look good.
looking forward to ur receip :)

Cheers,
shirley

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Amazing, you made you own kimchi, they look good.

Anonymous said...

Hi Baking Mum

Yummy Yummy Yummy!

You are so talented - can bake and cook.

Best Wishes for the New Year!

Florence

Hugbear said...

Hi Joyce, the names of the two books are: (1) The Food of Korea by Injoo Chun, Jaewoon Lee and Youngran Baek. (2) The Food and Cooking of Korea by Young Jin Song

Joyce said...

Hi Lee Lee,

Thanks! I will look for these books :) Thanks for your recommendation!

Crumbs N Crust said...

Hi Lee Lee

Can you post the recipe for the Kimchee ?

Thank you and wishing you and your family a very Happy Year of the Tiger = )
Chris

Justina said...

Hi

Looking forward to your recipe for the marinate. Really love Korean BBQ :) Thanks.

CheezyHeart said...

Hi Leelee,
Cld u share the kimchi recipe pls?
Or do u sell? i wanna buy :)
pls kindly email me. thks alot

kogas5@yahoo.com

Hugbear said...

Hi CheezyHeart, I will post the kimchi recipe for you but need some more time to do that. I am sure you will like this kimchi recipe. It is really quite good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog