It has been a long time since I last made this.
PISANG HOON KUEH
100 gm hoon kueh powder
½ tbsp tapioca flour
2 tbsp rice flour
120 gm sugar
250 ml thick coconut milk
1 tsp salt
3 pcs banana
Some banana leaves
450 ml water
1. Steam banana for 5 mins. Leave it to cool and slice into pieces.
2. Cooked banana leaves in boiling water until soft and cut into desired size for wrapping.
3. Mix coconut milk, hoon kueh powder, rice flour, tapioca flour together.
4. Mix water, sugar, salt together and boil until sugar dissolves.
5. When water boil pour in flour mixture and cook mixture until it boils and thickens.
6. Spoon 1 tbsp of hoon kuey on the leave, top it off with 2 to 3 slices of banana. Top off with another 2 tbsp of hoon kuey. Wrap up hoon kuey.
7. Leave it until cool then refrigerate well before serving.
Note: If you are slow, put hoon kuey mixture in double boil to prevent it from hardening while you are wrapping.)