Saturday, May 19, 2007

Fried Fish with Pine Nuts (松子鱼 )

I was so pleased to have bought a new fish cookbook at a discount and decided to try out something from there. However, I did this dish tonight but I did not follow the recipe for the sweet and sour sauce. Instead I did the sauce my own way.

This is the end product. Very delicious.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This fried tofu was cooked this way because of something I did wrongly. I was supposed to coat the fish with egg and then with flour. Instead I mixed the egg and cornflour wrongly together. So instead of wasting the ingredients, I added some seasoning and water to make into a batter and coated the tofu with it and deepfried them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fish looks good, especially with the sweet and sour sauce. For the tofu, maybe the end result of this "mistake is even better than the "original recipe. Please update us on that! :)

Anonymous said...

Lee Lee, May I know what kind of fish did you use? TIA

Hugbear said...

Hi professor icook, yup you are right. The mistake is really better than original. I was telling my domestic helper, next time we can cook our tofu the 'wrong' way. hahahah

Julia, I actually don't know what fish I used. I just took one of the fish that my husband bought from the market and used it. I think it doesn't really matter.

Anonymous said...

wow! deep fried fish at home is never my idea...the thought of oily kitchen after that and the cleaning...ewww...

i just wish someday i can take that big step to do it...good for you, hugbear!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog