Tuesday, May 09, 2006
COTTON SPONGE CAKE
60g butter, melted
80ml UHT milk
1 egg +5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
120g sugar (I used 90g for my own preference)
Pinch of salt
1. Beat 1 egg plus 5 yolks until creamy and fluffy. Fold in flour and alternate it with milk. Add in melted butter and mix well.
2. Whip egg whites with a pinch of salt and sugar until soft peak.
3. Mix step (2) above with egg yolk batter till well combined.
4. Pour into fully lined baking pan (mine is 8" square).
5. Bake at preheated oven 170 deg C for 25 mins then reduce heat to 150 deg C for another 10 mins or till done.
6. Let the cake sits for 2 mins and unmould it.
Note: This cake after cooling down will fall in height as there is no stabilising agent used at all.
Posted by Hugbear at 7:28 AM