I have a tub of plain yoghurt sitting in the fridge. I tried using some to make chicken pie for my dad and still some leftover so I used it up to make this cranberry cake. Thanks to Gina of KitchenCapers as I got this recipe from her and I have only made it once before. This will be the second time making it again. Jonathan ate quite a few but he dug up all the cranberry and gave it to his dad. Jon is like that, he will dig up all the fruits in the konnayku jelly and only eat the jelly. Strange boy.
200g castor sugar (I reduced to 150g)
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g dried cranberries
200ml plain white yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp melted margarine(for brushing on cupcake tray)
1. In a small bowl, add yoghurt and cranberries to mix together (I have added a tablespoon of Lemoncino (lemon liquer) into this).
2. Let it stand for 30 mins(room temperature).
3. in a cake mixer bowl, add butter and sugar to beat till creamy.
4. Add eggs, 1 at a time to mix.
5. Add vanilla essence to mix.
6. Turn off cake mixer.
7. Add cranberry yoghurt mixture and mix with a spoon till evenly mixed.
8. Fold in sifted flour/baking powder till well blended.
9. Brush cupcake tray with melted margarine.
10. Spoon mix into each cup.
11. Baked in preheated oven 180C for 20 mins till golden brown.
12. Serve warm.