Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Ingredients for Filling:
1 kg of lotus paste
50 gm of melon seed (toasted for 10 mins at 180C)
Mix the two ingredients together.
Ingredients for Snow Skin:
150g Kou Fen/Hong Kong Fried Glutinous rice flour
200g icing sugar
160 ml cold water (no need to use up all)
1/2 tsp banana essence
50g shortening - Crisco
a few drops of colouring (optional)
(1) Mix H.K. fried glutinous rice flour, icing sugar and crisco shortening together.
(2) Add in essence and colouring into the water but you may not need to use up all the water. Stop when you get a nice soft dough. Leave aside to rest for 30 mins.
(3) Divide lotus paste to small portions and roll into round balls. (Note: you can keep the paste balls in the fridge to harden it for easy wrapping.)
(4) Wrap paste with snow skin and press into mooncake mould and then knock out.
(5) Keep in the fridge until cold and set.
(6) Slice and serve.
Posted by Hugbear at 9:22 PM