I used to make this chicken roll quite a lot many years back. This is the first time after many years making this dish again. Still as yummy as before. This is made with spinach, carrots and macademia nuts wrapped with marinated chicken breast. Coated with beaten egg and biscuit crumb and then panfry until chicken is cooked.
Recipe for Chicken Roll
2 pieces of chicken breast meat
100 ml of LKK chicken marinate
1 carrot (shredded)
Some chopped macademia nuts
Maggie chicken powder
Beaten egg for coating
Some creamcrackers (grinded/pounded for coating)
1. Open up chicken breast into a big piece (usually the breast meat is quite thick). Pound the chicken breast meat to make it thinner.
2. Pour LKK chicken marinate over prepared chicken meat and marinate for at least 3 hrs.
3. In the meantime, boil shredded carrots in boiling for a few minutes. Drain and mix with 1/2 tsp of chicken powder to mix well. Set aside.
4. Blanched spinach till cooked and drain well. Chopped spinach into small pieces and also add 1/2 tsp chicken powder to mix well. Set aside.
5. On a cutter board, spread the marinated chicken breast and place some prepared carrots and spinach on it. Sprinkle some chopped macademia nuts on top and roll it tightly.
6. Coat chicken roll with beaten egg and then biscuit crumb. Panfry the chicken over low heat on all sides to make sure it is cooked thoroughly. Remove to kitchen paper towel to drain off excess oil.
7. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.
Note: To avoid chicken meat being difficult to cook, make sure the meat is thin. If it is too thick, you will need to cook longer.
This is the LKK chicken marinate that I used.
I also tried making some steamed tofu with stuffing. What I have in the stuffing are minced prawns, fish paste, minced pork and seasonings. Half of the steamed tofu has chilli which are for the adults and the other half are for the kids.