Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pumpkin Cake

This is a very light pumpkin cake. You can find the recipe here. I wonder why mine look lighter in colour and not as compact as the one in leisure-cat's blog.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have translated the recipe for the sake of those who cannot read Chinese. I have also added at the bottom of the recipe my own note to help you have a nicely cut cake.

PUMPKIN CAKE (recipe from Leisure-Cat)

Ingredients

Pumpkin puree 70 gm
Cake flour 100 gm
Baking powder 2 tsp
Egg whites 150 gm
Castor sugar (A) 40 gm
Corn oil 50 gm
Fresh milk 90 gm
Castor sugar (B)60 gm
Lemon juice ½ tsp

Methods

1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Sift together the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Mix pumpkin puree with sugar (A) well. Add in corn oil and mix evenly.
4. Heat up fresh milk and pour into pumpkin mixture. Mix well. Add in sifted flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
5. Whisk the egg whites with lemon juice until frosty. Add in sugar (B) in 3 times and beat until stiff..
6. Take 1/3 of the eggwhite to mix with (4). Then pour it back into the rest of the eggwhite and mix evenly.
7. Pour the batter into the cake mould and bake at 180C for 20 mins.

(NOTE: When cake is totally cool, put in fridge or freezer to harden. Cut the cake like you would with a cheesecake. Ie, heat up knife and make a cut, clean knife, heat it up again and cut until you are done with the whole cake. This will ensure you get a nicely cut cake.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
How's the taste of this cake?

Rgds,
Ying

Hugbear said...

I didn't really eat the cake. But according to my hubby, it taste like cotton cheesecake w/o the cheese.

BTAN said...

I love to read your blog as you always have something interesting to share. I love anything with pumpkin. I don't read Chinese well, can you please translate the recipe in English especially for first three ingredients, I think I guess the rest...
Thanks a bunch.

Hugbear said...

Hi btan, I will have it translated for you. Will try to do it soon ok.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Culiverter

Add it to your blog