I did many things yesterday like banana muffins, cheng tng, chocolate cake, steamed tapioca. No picture to show except for the steamed tapioca. This is one of my favourite kueh. I have kept some w/o the shredded coconut coating which my domestic helper enjoys a lot.
STEAMED TAPIOCA KUEH
900 gm grated tapioca
350 gm sugar
450 ml of water
4 pcs pandan leaves
60 gm tapioca flour
½ tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp salt
1 whole grated white coconut + ½ tsp salt
1. Add salt to grated coconut and steam for 5 mins.
2. Mix grated tapioca and sugar together. Mix well.
3. Add 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp vanilla powder, tapioca flour into grated tapioca and mix well.
4. Pour in water. Add in panda paste or colouring. Boil mixture until half cooked.
5. Steam a 8” x 8” baking tray for about 5 mins.
6. Pour in the half cooked mixture and steam for 45 mins.
7. After steaming, cut into bite-size pieces and coat it in the steamed white coconut.