This is a wonderfully soft and moist banana cake recipe. Thanks to Lucy for sharing this very nice recipe. The texture of the cake is soft, light and moist at the same time. I have made some very slight changes to suit my personal taste. I replaced the banana essence with vanilla essence as I personal do not like the artifical smell and taste of banana essence. I have also cut down on the amount of sugar. If you are using riped bananas, they are naturally sweet on it's own. Unless you have a very sweet tooth, cutting down on some of the sugar required will be a good idea.
This inside of the cake. Soft and moist.
Banana cake (recipe shared by Yochana)
180 gm. Butter
180 gm. Fine sugar (I cut down to 150 gm)
2 nos. Extra large Eggs - beaten lightly
250 gm. Cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
220 gm. Bananas - mashed
50 gm. Dairy whip cream (I use evaporated milk)
1/2 tsp. Banana essence (I replace with 1 tsp vanila essence)
2 bananas - slice
(1) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
(2) Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
(3) Add in whip cream, mashed bananas and banana essence and mix well.
(4) Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only.
(5) Pour into an 8" round tray, and arrange sliced bananas on top.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or until cooked.