I love this recipe. The cheesecake turned out very soft and moist and nice.
The recipe is adapted from Alex Goh's book. However, I made some modification to the steps. I realised that in his book, some of the steps can be modified to simplify the baking process.
BAKED MARBLE CHEESECAKE
500 gm cream cheese
50 gm castor sugar (1)
5 egg yolk
1 Lemon zest
230 gm of whipped cream (whipped up)
120 gm of plain flour
5 egg white
120 gm castor sugar (2)
1 tsp lemon juice
50 gm chocolate) melted together
1 tbsp milk )
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar (1) until creamy and smooth.
2. Add in egg yolks and beat well. Then add in lemon juice and grated lemon skin. Mix well. Add in whipped cream and mix well using a spatula. Add in the flour and mix well (this part can use the machine to help if you like).
3. Whisk egg white and sugar (2) to a soft peak. Do not beat egg white to stiff if not it will be difficult to incorporate into the cheese mixture.
4. Pour the egg white into the cheese mixture and mix them well. Take out 200 gm of cream mixture and mix well with the melted chocolate mixture.
5. Pour 1/3 of plain cheese mixture into a 9 inch greased and lined cake pan. Pour some of the chocolate cheese mixture onto the plain layer (leaving some for the pattern on top). Pour the remainder of the plain mixture on top of the chocolate layer. Pour the remainder of the chocolate cheese mixture into a piping bag and pipe pattern on top. Use a toothpick or cake tester to draw patter. Baked in water bath at 150C for 90 mins or until brown.
(Note: I was lazy to use a piping bag for the chocolate cheese mixture so I just spoon the mixture using a spoon and then draw pattern on it.)